Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Colonial Generators in Palm Coast, Florida - Be very cautious before entering into an arrangement with them

Colonial Generators have failed to deliver on one of the provisions of our contract namely; validating the 10 year extended warranty that was part of our contract. Fifteen months later, Generac HQ has not received documentation from Colonial to validate our warranty.
Review

Colonial Generators - Be very cautious before entering into an arrangement with them

3.3
My initial sales contact person was very knowledgeable and went out of his way to develop the scope of work and the appropriate equipment for our home. Sometime after the contract was signed, he left the firm and I never felt like I had a consistent contact to complete the job. The installation of our standby generator went reasonably well although there was a good bit of confusion regarding the install of our buried propane tank. It has been about 15 months since the unit was turned over to me and Colonial has still not furnished the documentation to Generac Headquarters to validate the 10 year warranty that was part of our contract term.
Product
Generac Power Systems Generator
Cons
  • Poor customer service
  • High turnover of personnel
Warranty issue
Deliver product or service ordered

Colonial Generators - Company not honoring prepaid service maintenance contract

Company not returning phone calls or emails to honor a prepaid service maintenance contract for our standby generator. We have been trying for 3 months to resolve this matter with no results. They have our money & all we want is the service we prepaid for.
Review
Cons
  • No customer service not fulfilling a paid for
  • Legal contract
Poor customer service
Deliver product or service ordered
  • Not Fulfilling Service Contract
Colonial Generators - Took my money, never delivered!
Awful... it’s been over 4 months and NO generator!! I have a contact with Generac themselves now and they said it was because Colonial Generator never made the deposit to get it going!!! They took my large deposit for a full house 60KW and spent it on something other...

Reason of review
Y’all took my money and NEVER pains Generac for my generator!!
Full refund

Colonial Generators in Upper Merion, Pennsylvania - Very poor - fraudulent and deceptive

In short after many issues we terminated them. The generator is still in our yard, and we hired a new company to do business with. The new company pointed out that we have a USED generator.... I didn't know any better. Contacted Generac with the serial number and sure enough the generator was used... sold and registered to another resident in Nov of 2018........ Original contract signed April of 2019 - it is now Sept of 19!!

IAgree I used to work for them point blank criminals enough said

Review
Cons
  • Over priced
  • Poor service
  • Selling used as new
Not as described/ advertised
Preferred solution
Compensation for all of my lost time
  • Demand For Payment
  • Generator Reviews
  • Failed Generator Installs
  • Hiding Incomplete Work
  • No Show Installs

Colonial Generators in Atlanta, Georgia - Cant get Propane and can not get anyone to answer phone...and can not get anyone to come to finish job..they have half my money

cant get anyone to finish job
JOB NOT FINISHED
Full refund

Colonial Generators in Clearwater, Florida - My experience just keeps getting worse and worse

4.2

Update by user Jan 15

This was a long up hill fight BUT after working with the corporate reps I finally got what my wife and I think is a very fair restitution. They were very fair in correcting out grievances and tried to make it right by us.

At this point in time we think that Colonial went the extra mile to fix our concerns. I we want to thank them for it. We have changed our rating from a 1 star to a 4 and 5 star. And we want to thank the people that helped us out to make this right.

We think we BOTH learned from the experience and it will make for a very good company. I would recommend them for a new generator now

Update by user Nov 17, 2018

this purr loined purchase is so far a total flop! We were NEVER informed that Colonial Generator of Sanford Florida can not repair or maintain our generator.

They do not have the factory trained personnel!!! WE PURCHASED A SERVICE AGREEMENT FOR 10 YEARS BUT IN ORDER TO USE IT WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED THAT COLONIAL WOULD HAVE TO CONTACT CUMMINGS/ONAN AND SUPPLY THEM WITH A PRE-APPROVED CREDIT CARD. The generator has now failed time after time during start up. Colonial gave up on the start and had to call in the professionals from Cummins/Onan service department.

Cummins did get the generator to start with some minor adjustments BUT as soon as it started it switched off our house power AND locked it up so that the generator was feeding BACK INTO THE GRID and would not shut off. When we finally get the generator to shut off by starving it of fuel we could not get the transfer switch to accept the city power for almost 30 minutes. After much more trouble shooting it is the ENTIRE TRANSFER that is at fault. (yes the one that was installed by Colonial Generators) now we are waiting for the replacement part to arrive from CUMMINGS/ONAN and them to come back out and repair it THEN AND ONLY THEN can Colonial Generator come out as finish the set up and testing As far as any repayment for things WE had to hire other companies to do ($4897, attorney $2000 to date) NOT a single demand has been answered or phone calls answered.

We have now found out to sue them we will have to hire an additional attorney in King of Prussia where their corporate office is and we have NO problem doing that at all because they are going to have to pay a whole lot more than the $17000 we have paid to Colonial so far. We have been informed it is likely we will get the $17000 plus costs and travel and fees. They (Colonial) have never presented us a total bill showing all costs and refuse to do so.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AS FAR AS YOU CAN THEY ARE AS BIG OF A DEN OF THIEVES AND LAIRS AS YOU WILL FIND. The have no respect for the customer and lack proper knowledge of the products they sell

Original review posted by user Oct 18, 2018

You will find my last 2 reviews and showing this company and how poor they are with jobs and customers. This is the 3rd complaint I have with them as a follow up. I am still waiting for the Generator to be installed and finished as written up by contract June 2018, The job gas failed inspections 4 times now and is RED FLAGGED with money due. to the county for the permit to be cleared. On Thursday October 4th I was called by the Generator "regional rep" asking "what kind of jerk is the county inspector?" "he keeps failing the inspections""I am going to call him in the morning and set a meeting with myself so I can see what his problem is" Well that meeting has never happened to this date of October 18, 2018.the reason for the red tag is pretty plain as listed on the sheet. 1) They have failed to remove their propane contractor that failed to show 5 times and I had to fire 2) They have failed to change the scope of the permit to natural gas from propane 3) They have failed to install county required safety tags showing there is a generator in line and will auto start of house power is cut off. 4) They have failed to provide a way for the county inspector to check the in ground power wiring. 5) they have failed to pay permit fees for the red flag I gave them until this Monday October 22, to have the job corrected and red tag removed. They just texted my wife 2 times asking her for my phone number of which she replied 2 times. This is nothing but a run around game with them now. Further more I am at a total stand still with the county and hooking up the gas line (on hold for 10 days now) until Shawn for Colonial Generator corrects the problems Shawns personal number is {{Redacted}} feel free to call him
AmpleStoat267

We are having a similar problem with Colonial Generator in Sanford. They are holding up the construction of our home and our CO.

How did you get the corporate information? I would like that, please.

do you have a number for Shawn? tysm.. Gail..

what number did you call to get thru to corp reps, because we have the same problem and no one will get back to us.

View more comments (2)
Incomplete Job and Incomplete permits job red taged
Full refund

Colonial Generators in King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania - Scam Company that takes money but only some work done

1.2

Update by user Oct 09, 2018

Well I thought it would be helpful to update everyone on this failed generator install. On October 8th 2018 I received a call from the company representative -Shawn- informing me they had just failed the inspection for the third time and asking ME just was the problem the JERK for the county has.

I was polite and played dumb saying I had no idea. Well in fact I do know exactly what the failure is. It seems that after the last two failures (1 - no wires installed) (2 - incorrect generator) (3 the company had failed to correct the permit to show they had in fact put in the correct generator). This was told to Colonial, by myself on their representatives voice mail while on speaker phone, and so that the county inspector could hear for himself.

My understand was in effect that the county had red tagged the job. We are now just over 24 hours away from tropical storm Michael and have no hope of now getting the power to our house and my medical equipment no matter what happens. Colonial has tied up my day for 2 installs and 3 inspections not to mention the 4 additional days I had to set aside for their propane company. A company that as stated before is either a no show with no advance information, or changing plans without our permission and proof whey they had to except their word and playing a date game.

The game was to show up on 1 date only to call the day before and reschedule for 5 days more away and then call that same day (after I had rescheduled all my appointments from day one to day 5 and then had to reschedule the same dates back to day 1 and to reschedule all the dates back to day 5 AGAIN) in other words I feel line the ball and cup game where after putting a ball under the cup and moving the cup around trying to guess which cup has the ball this time.

As I said in my first posting stay as far away from COLONIAL GENERATORS as you can. I still believe they are a shill and a scam company

Original review posted by user Aug 30, 2018

Under NO reason should anyone hire this company!!! June 28th 2018 they sent a drunk to sell us a generator - had to throw him out under threat of needing the police to remove him. They then said they would send his supervisor right out. NOPE it was 19 days later he showed and we have never heard from him again. Though he did take $8600 deposit with a 30 day install date. 3 times their propane contractor has failed to show. WE PAID for a 500 gallon tank in ground ($3000 extra). They have changed our approved install plans 3 times. They used the excuse the county aid our generator was 1 decibel to loud and had to relocate. then they said I can not have the 500 gallon propane tank we paid extra for BUT they could install 2 each 250 gallons in the same place??????. When they finally did decide to install the "equipment" it is miscalculated per county code. Today the Pinellas County inspector came out to inspect. His response to me was "WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO INSPECT? THERE IS NOTHING HERE" No wiring, no propane, I don't know if there is even a generator in the box they put in the back of the house since they would not let me see it. In addition they DEMANDED that I pay the next $7800 of the contract that is due BEFORE the work is done. After a major fight they finally agreed that my contract IS correct (imagine that a contract that layed out the payment terms) And we found out AFTER they sold us the propane (that has yet to be installed) we have natural gas, it was just never hooked up to the house. We are not out $15000 and nothing to show for it that we can tell. AVOID THIS COMPANY at all costs. Where did we get the referral for this company? HOME ADVISER avoid this scam referral service also. Sadly we have already hired an attorney out of caution now since they are not going to clearly do the work
Colonial Generators Generator Installation
Pros
  • Had the cummins onan generator we wanted
Cons
  • Refused to do job before the 2nd part of job paid for
  • Not showing up to do the work when scheduled
  • Work failed county inspection because no wires installed
Poor customer service